Zamzar looked like an amazing tool when I was first shown it. For the exercise I tried to convert an internet pdf document from my work pc to a doc format, purely so that I could read the document on my home computer, which doesn't have Adobe Acrobat. I tried a few different documents but the result was an error message each time. I then realised that Zamzar has a limit of 100MB - but not sure if my documents were more or not. Not likely. Or was it becasue they were internet documents? I shall try again. Alternatively, if I wanted to convert a doc format document created on my home pc into pdf format I could also do that.
Library staff and users could really benefit from Zamzar because it's not necessary to have a particular program installed on a pc to have access to a document - Zamzar is all programs.
2026 hugo award for best sf novel
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment